PrintableCal is easy to learn, especially if you're already familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word. The steps below will walk you through getting started with PrintableCal quickly. If you have any questions, please contact us. We'd be happy to help.
- PrintableCal is an add-in for Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (2010 or later). After installing PrintableCal, you should see a PrintableCal tab has been added to the ribbon. If you don't see the PrintableCal tab, see the troubleshooting information.
- To create a calendar, click the Create Calendar button on the ribbon. A side panel will appear listing all the available templates. If the Show example carousel box is checked, a window will show a preview of the selected template. To select a different template, use the arrow buttons on the example carousel or click a different template in the list.
The template list can be filtered to only show templates that are associated with a keyword or phrase. Enter the desired search term in the Search box provided above the template list.
You can also right-click templates you use often, and select Add to Favorites to make those templates appear at the top of the list under the Favorites category. Depending on which version of PrintableCal you've installed, you can also create your own templates or customize the existing ones.
After selecting the desired template, click the Next button in the bottom-right corner or the Select button on the example carousel.
- The next screen will provide settings for the selected template. The available settings will vary depending on which template was selected. Adjust the settings as desired and then click the Next button.
- On the next page, you can specify which calendars should be included in the output. The first time you run PrintableCal, the calendar list will be empty. To add a calendar, click the Add Calendar button. Calendars can be added from many sources, including Google Calendar, iCloud, VueMinder, Outlook, and more. The checkboxes control which calendars will appear in the output. If multiple calendars are selected, their events will be overlaid into the same template.
Note, the different versions of PrintableCal have different limits on the number of calendars that can be overlaid into a single template. The Lite version will only show placeholders with "Please Upgrade" text. The Standard version is limited to 3 calendars. The Premium version is limited to 6 calendars. The Ultimate version has no limitation on the number of calendars.
- After adding a calendar, you can adjust the calendar's name, color, font, border, and item prefix. Click the calendar's name to access these settings.
- If there are different combinations of calendar data sources you'd like to easily switch between, you can save these as presets. Enter a name for the preset in thePresetfield (below the template list) and click th Save button. To select a previously saved preset, enter its name or pick from the drop-down list. Any calendars associated with the preset will be checked and included in the output. Other calendars will be unchecked and not included.
- Click the Done button to generate the template. This might take a few seconds, depending on which template was selected and how many calendars are included in the output. A progress bar will appear while the template is being generated. After the output is generated, you can save or print the output.
- If you'd like to generate the same template again, using the same calendars and settings specified previously, you can use the Quick Calendar button on the PrintableCal tab of the ribbon. There's also a Recent button which enables regeneration of the 8 most recently selected templates. PrintableCal will remember which settings and calendars were selected for each template in the Recent template list. Some templates, such as the Day template, will automatically adjust to the current date when selected using the Quick Calendar or Recent button, making calendar generation a simple 1-button click.
- That's basically all there is to generating calendars with PrintableCal. However, there are many other things you can do with PrintableCal, such as inserting calendar legends, customizing templates, importing/exporting custom templates, and more.
We hope you'll enjoy using PrintableCal. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us. We'll be happy to help.
Have questions about PrintableCal?
If this documentation doesn't answer your questions, please contact us. We'd be happy to help! You can send your question by entering it below. We'll respond as soon as we can, and always within 1 business day.
Don't have PrintableCal yet?
Installation of PrintableCal is quick and easy. All you need is a Windows computer with Excel, Word, or PowerPoint. Click the button below to start the download. You don't need to sign up for anything or provide an email address - simply download and run the installer. You'll be creating printable calendars in no time.
Runs on Windows 10, 8, and 7. Requires Excel, Word, or PowerPoint (Office 365, Office 2007 or later).
Compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office.